The word ‘resurrection’ may sound strange to anyone who has not read the Bible: it is not a word we use in everyday life in the twenty-first century. ‘Judgement’ is a more familiar word: it conjures up in our mind a law court and a judge handing down a sentence on a criminal. So what is a booklet on ‘resurrection and judgement’ about? If you are familiar with the Bible, you will know that — in a Bible context — ‘resurrection’ is the raising to life of people who have died, while ‘judgement’ has to do with God’s assessment of men and women according to His standards.
This is a booklet to explain what the Bible says about a future time, which Christadelphians expect to be very soon, when God will send His Son Jesus Christ back to the earth to raise the dead and judge the world.
Life After Death
Even those few sentences perhaps raise questions and problems in your mind:
- Is there really a God?
- Who actually is Jesus Christ?
- How do we know he is coming back?
- What has happened to dead people?
- How can they be raised from the dead?
- Will everyone be raised?
- Why does there need to be a day of judgement if God knows everything about us?
- What are the possible outcomes of that judgement?
- Where do I fit in all this?