We believe that:
God is the creator
- God is the creator of the Universe.
- God is still involved in the world today.
- God has offered to be our Father!
The Bible is the word of God
- God has moved faithful people to write the Bible.
- The Bible contains God’s message of salvation for us.
- We learn about what God wants from us in the Bible.
(see Why I believe the Bible videos)
Jesus Christ is the son of God
- Jesus is the son of God.
- Jesus was born with a purpose: to reconnect us with God after our sin has separated us.
- Jesus was killed by wicked men even though he had done nothing wrong and after three days in the grave, he rose from the dead!
We associate with Jesus’ death and resurrection through baptism
- God asks us to believe in Him and all that he has promised.
- Faith is the start of the process that unites us in a relationship with God.
- Baptism is the complete immersion of water which is a symbolic death and resurrection likes Jesus’. It is an outward expression of an inward conversion.
We die as a result of our sin, but will be raised from the dead.
- Everybody sins and will die as a result.
- When we die, we cease to exist.
- One day, faithful believers will be raised from the dead.
Jesus will return to the earth to set up God’s Kingdom.
- Jesus ascended to heaven after he was raised and is currently in heaven at the right hand of God.
- Jesus will return to the earth to set up a Kingdom filled with justice and peace.
- Once established, the Kingdom will last forever.